Senior Project Manager
Our Renewable Energy Business Unit currently has a need for a Senior Project Manager on a specified purpose contract. The role will be based in Newbridge and will report to the Planning Program Manager. The vision for Bord na Móna Renewable Energy is to become a leading provider renewable energy along with supporting flexible technology as we move towards a net-zero electric power system. The successful candidate will lead the delivery of Planning and Environmental Impact Assessment Report/Appropriate Assessment applications/assessments for specific Bord na Móna Renewable Energy infrastructure projects, manage baseline environmental and constraints assessments and other Bord na Móna projects where required.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Develop and inform the Business Unit Strategy to Planning and Environmental Compliance issues by keeping abreast of planning outcomes, changes in legislation, policy decisions and national and local authority development plans to maximise the potential opportunities and outcomes for the company. Track and identify, prepare/liaise/contribute and/or submit relevant submissions or comments on policy documents as they arise, such as national strategies, regional planning guidelines, county development plans, renewable energy strategies, planning applications and planning guidelines that could impact on Bord na Móna’s project development pipeline as appropriate;
- Lead and project manage the planning process for specific Renewable Energy project(s) up to the point of consenting decision and any subsequent challenges to same. Lead and project manage specific baseline assessment studies carried out as part of the project selection process;
- Provide environmental, planning and project management expertise in relation to the delivery of Renewable Energy development projects. Review the significance of developing planning/environmental related legislation and relevant planning decisions and advise Renewable Energy management on same;
- Lead the implementation of protocols for effective engagement with key stakeholders, including all relevant statutory and non-statutory consultees relevant to the planning processes of specific Bord na Móna Renewable Energy projects. Develop in conjunction with the Stakeholder and Advocacy Manager effective project plans to the ensure appropriate management of communications and consultation with local communities and other relevant stakeholders around proposed Bord na Móna development sites;
- Prepare and/or check scopes for third party services for projects and fully participate in the various stages of associated procurement processes. Ensure that the procurement of third party services for projects under the planning and advocacy remit are carried out in compliance with company procurement guidelines, and monitor and evaluate the performance of principle consultants with respect to their use on future projects. Ensure that all works carried out under your remit comply with Bord na Móna’s Health & Safety and Environmental policies and all relevant EU and National policies and statutory requirements;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team’s objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Hons Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or equivalent;
- Post Graduate qualification in a relevant discipline, (e.g. Environmental Science, Engineering, Planning Law) would be an advantage for this role;
- 5 -7 yrs. experience in a Project Manager role;
- Significant experience in leading/inputting to projects in planning applications and environmental licencing or other consenting processes with particular emphasis on Power Generation (Renewable) and related infrastructure;
- Significant technical expertise in the areas of the infrastructure planning process and environmental assessment and licencing. In depth knowledge of relevant legislation and policy in these areas;
- Project management across a range of projects with differing priorities, risk profiles and timelines;
- Specific expertise in the delivery of EIS/EIAR/AA/NIS support documentation for large scale development projects in the Energy market.
The selection process for this role will include candidate screening from application.
Visit https://bnmproject.sharepoint.com/sites/thehub/Pages/Current-Vacancies.aspx for more information.
If you wish to be considered simply click “Apply” on the job advert, on or before 11th May 2021.
Bord na Móna is an Equal Opportunities Employer.